Everything is Perspective.
Nobody is 100% Terrible or Wonderful.
No situation is 100% Terrible or Wonderful.
What is Heaven for the Spider is Hell for the Fly.
If you follow me on Social Media or know me in person, you may have noticed I have essentially taken a 6 month hiatus from all forms of direct environmental and social activism. After Bernie lost the Primary Election, I felt devastated and coupled with the fact my dad was diagnosed with Leukemia (just like the other Robert Altman!) I had to take a complete break from everything.
The reason I wanted Bernie Sanders to win came down to the fact that he wants to use tax payer money towards basic services and invest in cleaning our planet. Considering we already pay taxes everytime we buy almost everything, it didn't seem like a dramatic or paralyzing notion that our taxes could increase a little bit more in exchange for affordable or free education and medicine. I want everyone to have access to education and medicine. According to the Michael Moore documentary WHERE TO INVADE NEXT, it is totally possible for a country to offer affordable school and medicine leading to a higher quality of life without taxing people significantly more than Americans are already taxed now. I believe that if people didn't have to worry so much about paying for education or medical bills, they would be able to create a lot more inventions and feel happier.
Despite my year-long activism directed at helping Bernie Sanders win, deep down I didn't think it would be possible for Bernie to win considering the fact that election machines can be rigged / "maybe the machines are just old.
When Bernie Sanders lost, I truthfully expected it was inevitable that Hillary Clinton would win because she has almost the entirety of the media (and rich people in NY that I have met) on her side and according to many articles (which might be FAKE NEWS - more on that later...) the people who apparently own the election machines were supporting Hillary Clinton.
Considering the media is basically owned by a handful of very rich men, it seemed logical to assume that these very rich men desperately wanted Hillary Clinton to win, or they wouldn't have allowed their journalists to write such scathing articles on Bernie Sanders (or Trump) - I therefore was very wary of Hillary Clinton's claim that she would battle the big banks or corporate interests, since they were fans of hers (and she was apparently fans of theirs...)
I am not against rich men owning the media but considering the fact that the media barely ever talks about things I think are important, such as wealth inequality, GMOs, the side effects of pharmaceutical medicine , the innerworkings of sweatshops and factory farming, thepower of positive thinking, the power of our bodies to heal ourselves, weather modification (chemtrails), and blah blah blah - I am pretty untrusting of the media to help people do anything other than brainwash them towards accepting a life of mediocrity and drive a lust for material possessions and unhealthy food.
I have begun to look to other sources for the
I never watched The Apprentice but as a New Yorker, I was always aware of Donald Trump. My mom once told me that the Upper West Side became gentrified and somewhat unaffordable after the Trump Towers were built on West 59th Street (near where I grew up) but I never felt hatred towards him. He just seemed like a rich man (who I shared a dentist with, btw!) -
I initially had a completely open mind to Trump especially because I knew he was openly against the TransPacific Partnership and Genetically Modified Foods. But when I saw how he scapegoated Mexicans (through his building of the wall) and claim to 'ban Muslims from entering America', I immediately began to mistrust him. Then when he said that climate change isn't happening when (to my knowledge) it clearly is - I felt deeply in my heart there was no way I could vote for him, no matter how big my mistrust for Hillary Clinton was.
To me, every other issue pales in comparison to pollution and climate change, on the simple basis that
My dream is to live on a planet where everyone is free to do whatever they want as long as it does not hurt another living thing. My dream is to live on a planet where people have enough food to eat and have access to medicine that actually helps them. My dream is to live on a planet where people can spend their time during the day exploring things they're interested in with people they love - not working in a flourescently lit office checking Facebook every 4 minutes or eating terrible food. My dream is to live on a planet where all the food offered is healthy for you (while still being delicious - which is possible btw!) My dream is to have free energy using the inventions of Nikolai Tesla and have enough food, water and heat for everyone.
Right now we live on a planet where you have to spend money to survive. Where the cheapest food is unhealthy for your body - where once you do get sick from that food, the medicines available make you completely reliant on them without addressing the deep root of the illness, where natural cures like diet, exercise, water intake are not prioritized as a health treatment, where people's lives are spent in front of a computer screen, where we are encouraged on a daily basis to numb our feelings with alcohol in the form of "Happy Hour" (so then are all the other hours "Sad Hour?") - Where, as you're reading this, factory farms are churning out tortured sick violently slaughtered animals , handled by illegal immigrants who are making low wages and hurting their bodies from a robotic-like day of singular monotonous motor activities.