6.15.2021

  I saw a Bentley drive by as I was grounding my feet on the front lawn here in Beverly Hills and was in awe at what a beautiful alluring car it is. I am sure this perspective has something to do with less it's actual construction and more to do with the fact that I have been brainwashed to equate that car with luxury/being expensive, which is equated with 'success'

I should by societal expectations be attracted to someone who has that car because the implicit assumption is that this person has so much money that they can afford to make aesthetic frivolous unnecessary non-utilitarian purchases as a new Bentley.

Both the buyer of the Bentley and the potential female admirer of the Bentley (who by proxy would be more likely to date someone with a Bentley) are looking to fulfill primitive and basic and natural desires.

Group acceptance

Security/safety

The Bentley Brand gives the consumer a conditional identity as a prestigious Bentley owner (and therefore 'high class'/'worth more than the common man') 

The Bentley female admirer (who goes onto date the owner of the Bentley) is looking for a conditional feeling of security ("as long as they remain dating the owner of the Bentley, they will have security)

What if both people could completely bypass the car and achieve their inner desires in a way that does not extract natural resources in the form of metal/fossil fuels  to create and run the car (and paper to buy the car, if you ignore digital economies)

We naturally want basic needs met such as security/group identity but it will never come from consumer products.

It comes from opening your heart to human connection and working with the Earth to create actual security in the form of housing/food/water/herbs for medicine.

Now that is luxury!

The Bentley is still beautiful however.

Once I really wanted a G Wagon and a man who owns one took me on a helicopter ride above Manhattan and then drove me to lunch upstate and tried to kiss me at his house and I politely declined because I didn't have feelings for him' even though he was a nice person; he called himself the "Real Estate Rockstar" and shared the book "The Creature from Jekyl Island" with me when he saw  I supported Bernie Sanders on Facebook.  It was genuinely eye opening and I appreciate this experience. I realize that just because you have a G Wagon, you don't always get everything you want. Perhaps if he had a Bentley I would have given him a smooch. (Shhhh) That's all for story-time.

Update: It was a Rolls Royce Phantom, not a Bentley!