Hello my Dopamine Detox reader/blog resonator/friend who happened to be born with eyes/internet access during this time of history
(his-story)
...and managed to find your way here!
THANK YOU!
I have tried to begin writing like 17 times since my last post Thursday but I kept getting interrupted, since a lot is going on over here at Carlen Altman Industries.
My next post will be about what keeps coming up for me as potentially helpful to share - the power of empathy and intuition (which is a no brainer) but more specifically, a) why we have evolved with these 2 incredible traits - b) how these two innately human traits have been lessened in our society - c) how it relates to what is happening right now... And d) what we can do!
This is the way I am attempting to relate to myself (with curiosity not judgement) and I think this attitude, if amplified outwards, is exactly the level of understanding necessary for healing and growth to happen!
It is so easy to point fingers at the darkness ("this is bad and I am bad and these people are bad and these reasons are to be blamed for "______"insert racism/environmental destruction/etc) but it is very rare to exert that same energy figuring out solutions to things and share them....
Think of all the people who complain about social media (myself included) who aren't switching to alternatives like Minds.com (or erasing social media all together)
Imagine if we put all that rage to use towards solutions? It is easier said than done, which is why it is so rare!
My goal is SOLUTIONS through MESSY CONVERSATIONS
Please watch this video for an idea of where my head is at , for my upcoming post:) -
(No animal is killed in this video.... I want to fantasize that they were all released from the lab, and are all still alive eating corn together...)
PS I had pet rats growing up and they are one of the only mammals who laugh when tickled! #ABOUTME
PS I had pet rats growing up and they are one of the only mammals who laugh when tickled! #ABOUTME
What problems are you dealing with and can you imagine a potential solution to it???
12:13pm
My church Agape Spiritual Center is having a free service online if you want to watch! It is run by Reverend Bernard Beckwith who led the meditation I posted last week!
Also, if you need some support right now, Agape has free 20 minute Crisis Support consulting sessions...
I once went to this after service and it was truly so helpful! I highly recommend, whether you have been to Agape Church (non-denominational church) or not!