Watching this video by George Carlin makes me feel like crying; it is so inspiring and exactly the universal life lesson I have been learning which is to STOP PLEASING PEOPLE at the expense of my soul and truth.
I too have been fired or let go from almost every job I have had because I do NOT do well with authority and I also have always thought school was incredibly useless.
My dad claims to have named me after George Carlin (with a slight spelling error of course)
I feel like I have finally broken the spell of self-censorship which was cast over me due to my sensitivity/fear of disappointing others.
I have never trusted the established culture and I also recognize the slick marketing techniques of brands to co-opt countercultural movements, and I feel like I have dimmed my rebellious spirit to fit in.
I am not meant to fit in and I am so thankful to finally recognize that my worth and safety do not go away if others do not understand or approve of me.
I also know that it is safer to experience surprises and express my true feelings and boundaries and risk vulnerability rather than to hide in my house, behind my computer....
It is very telling that this writing came from my dad, who equally hid himself and his sensitivities from the world....
This blog has been less a detox from Dopamine and more a detox from self-judgement and concern for other's judgement/fear of making mistakes/fear of risks and the unknown, in case that wasn't clear by now :)
With that in mind, I did something very brave which I will be talking about on my new blog soon (along with investing in Cryptocurrency! Theta and Etherium are the 2 types of coins I own now, woo hoo! (I only own one Ethereum coin but IT'S A START! All aboard!...)
xx
