In 2016, a book called The Magic by Rhonda Byrne completely changed my life and sent me on a path to understand spiritual laws, putting aside all my Earthly ambitions for "success" in the form of praise, fame, wealth.
I equated "success" with power, and I wanted power so I could help humanity, plants and animals from pain. I never understood why billionaires didn't build 3D printing machine housing/farms for everyone - or why homelessness was just "accepted" in cities where there were mansions, behind tall gates.
Basically, WHAT HAPPENED TO EARTH?
This is what led me to Oberlin College to study Environmental Studies, and all the other things I have done, in my pursuit of environmental and social change and fame in 'media'
I have always wanted to know why there are wars, poverty, abuse of animals and people when we have so much technology that could satisfy everyone's needs and keep everyone healthy.
My entire life I have tried to figure out how to help humanity, while dealing with my own health issues, especially anxiety.
The Magic by Rhonda Byrne put me on a path of healing and peace for the first time, and this was why I changed my life course from film to spiritual psychology, because I intuitively knew that all external experiences are based on our inner beliefs/imaginations.
The Magic was the most important life-changing book I have ever read and now I can tell you there is another book I feel is equally worth reading, and on a similar frequency.
Outwitting The Devil by Napoleon Hill.
I once shared this book before but I feel called to share with you again in case you missed it/it wasn't the right time. I actually didn't finish it when I sent it the first time, and I am just finishing it now - as I am committing to finish all the things I set out to do (which is perfectly timed, as this is what the book is all about - and WHY we don't finish things we know are 'good for us')
This book was literally banned for 80 years for being controversial, despite the fact that Napoleon Hill, it's author, was a household name for many people on a path of self development (I WISH I WAS IN THAT HOUSEHOLD)
Read it and replace cigarettes with the internet/social media. Read it and think about the concept of drifting. Are you drifting? I was!
ENJOY THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE