3.11.2021

 

A random photo taken 2 years ago when I left the house to host a talent show and pretended to not care about crowds, cigarette smoke or the intensity of flash photography :D HAHAHA

I woke up with a message in my dream again that said "The only way you can commit to anyone or anything is by first committing to yourself."

Over the course of my life, I have started many projects and then a few weeks or months later, I get so burnt out that I pray it will all end and stop it all together so I can go back to living a life of quiet stress-free hermitude.

This is pretty much how my dad lived. He would do intense things like standup comedy on the road and then spend the rest of the time watching tv or playing video games and drinking.

Because I do not drink and am allergic to gluten/dairy/feel awful from sugar, I have used the internet as my numbing.

I know now that I have been burned out time and time again because there is one skill that I still do not have - and that is RESILIENCE.

Resilience is not just a fluffy word but it is the getting up again and again no matter how much failure or success you achieve.

It is the actual physical and emotional regulation of your nervous system so you do not get overwhelmed.

It is the ability to go through life keeping your sensitivity while also creating a bubble around you that does not let in other people's energy.

Most people who are sensitive like myself end up turning to addictions to numb it because it can be overwhelming.

I am challenging myself to stay sensitive and know how to live with it in all it's intensity!

I am like a sensitive car that can overheat easily so I need to make sure I know what gas to put in (food) and when I need to pull off the side of the road (take breaks) so I do not burn out.

Now that I have spent the last 4 years detoxifying, I am ready to begin sharing all of my gifts and doing it in a sustainable way where I do not give up or burn out.

This is why I am so excited to share that today I signed up for a 2 month course all about resilience, specifically made for Empaths like myself, made by my new inspiring teacher named Lola Pickett . 

I am SO excited to learn about the physical aspect of resilience from a neuroscience perspective and learn tools so I can stick to my goals without getting bored or overwhelmed.

This course was a big investment for me but I feel deep down that this will be the foundation for me to do everything I want to do without getting burnt out like in the past.

Yesterday was the 4 year anniversary of my father's death and I feel like this course is a way to honor him - I know he also felt burnt out so easily and was so mad at himself the way I have been when I do not follow through.

I miss my dad and I wish he did not beat himself up for his sensitivity - I am so thankful to the internet and my curious nature for finding solutions not taught in school.

Onward and upward (while loving the present moment)

xoxo