The only times in my adult life where I have had a sex drive come back to me is where my mother was completely cut off from my life; once was in 2017 when I did not speak to my mom for almost 3 months; once was in 2018 when I went to New Jersey for the summer to renovate and sell my dad's house; and now in June 2021 when I have finally cut the chord from my mother.
Clearly there is a correlation and I think underneath that is emotional incest; where I have felt like it is shameful to love anyone else but my mother; where I have felt it is shameful to be a sexual being or be out of control or do things that I enjoy or do things that prove I am an adult or prove that I am healthy and thriving.
I am just so in awe at how much more alive I feel now that I have cut off my mother.
Wow!