Do you love this man's face as much as I do? Very calming! (haha)
I woke up with a message to listen to this exact podcast episode and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear, and perhaps it may be for you too.
Go listen (you can listen at HSPPodcast.com and find another music provider other than Spotify if you don't have that program) and I will write more soon on this topic, which feels like the uncovery of something VERY PUZZLE-PIECE-Y for my experience as a creative sensitive person; and I would imagine for a lot of people out there.
HIGH SENSATION SEEKING HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON OVER HERE
(I AM A HSS HSP ... OMG WTF LOL BRB SMH)
I drove yesterday towards San Diego, which is the farthest I have ever gone but then on the way back, wanted to 'celebrate' by driving through a crowded area to my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant Soom Soom --but by the time I got there, to a crowded noisy restaurant, my nerves were shot and I felt so overwhelmed, almost to the point of panic.
Between the honking of the horns outside on the busy street where the restaurant is, crowds of people sitting in close proximity (even in a pandemic), 2 boys watching videos on their phones and talking loudly and eating chicken (which is one of my most repulsive smells, unless it is heavily seasoned), I was just so overwhelmed by all my senses that by the time I made it back home that I felt immobilized.
I realize that this is a pattern for me; I crave new experiences yet I am so utterly overwhelmed if I do more than two things at once; If I had just driven on the highway and back, I would have likely been fine and accepted that was a big victory in itself.
But I needed to stop at an autorepair shop and buy a few things, and then going to that restaurant, was the "hay that broke the camel's back", so to speak.
I love new experiences and taking on new projects yet I get so overwhelmed by them. This feels like exactly what I need to focus on, and somehow, I suspect this has a lot to do with .....
DOPAMINE and Central Nervous System regulation.
Anyway, listen to that podcast if you feel called... otherwise go enjoy your day.
AND IF YOU LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, ENJOY YOUR DAY TOO! (armed with incredible information :-D )
