Thu 11:22am
Did you know that my pet rabbit Goblin is 10 years old this month? You would never be able to tell - if you must know, the secret to his youthful appearance is that he wears a hat, sunglasses, uses collagen creamer, sunblock, Biotin,... just kidding... that was me in my post yesterday!
But what I do credit his youthful look is organic dandelion greens/cilantro/beet tops, timothy hay, unprocessed kibble, a low stress environment, hours of love and attention, lots of time to run around and chew on cherry wood sticks (and not electrical chords or shoes) and lots of access to filtered water. WE CAN'T GIVE GOBLIN A BLOCKED PINEAL GLAND FROM FLOURIDE; HE IS THE FOUNDER OF WOKEST BUNNY DOT COM.
When I first got him, similar to my own health journey, I gave him whatever rabbit food was available at the petshop without thinking too much of it. I assumed if it was legally sold at the shop, it was probably good for him.
I naively could not imagine that anyone would sell pet food that was bad for pets! (Just like many people naively assume that supermarkets/beauty shops only sell products that are adequately tested and healthy long-term for human health!)
(WHICH IS DEFINITELY NOT TRUE !)
Most human and animal foods are processed, filled with chemicals with little concern for long term health. In fact, animal cancer and obesity is now a huge concern here in America, most likely because of the processed dog+cat+rabbit foods that are sold, (along with the sedentary lifestyle of their owners, who equally are tired from their own processed canned foods)
A great source for this info is Environmental Working Group as they have a lot of incredible free guides on how to stay healthy and avoid chemicals.
"Forgive them for they know not"
Like most young naive well-meaning people at a supermarket, for the first few years of Goblin's life (when I still lived in Brooklyn and let him run around the entire house), I was drawn to buying him the rabbit food with the colorful packaging which contained tiny carrots in it (and was produced in China), which is probably the rabbit equivalent of Lucky Charms cereal. Processed, sugar-laden, and not very nutritious.
Like me, Goblin would eat voraciously and then take a nap for a few hours and I just accepted that this was "the way it was' for both rabbits and myself, (who would also fall asleep after eating "healthy stuff" like veggie burgers and quinoa) ... Just like in my own health journey, I am also so happy that I have learned more about animal nutrition and natural cures for him, as I learn for myself.
For example, if a rabbit has a cough or sneeze, you can go the mainstream veterinarian route of immediately giving them antibiotics (like I agreed to once or twice out of fear, before I knew better...) or you can take the alternative route like I did (once I learned how bad antibiotics are for humans in the long term) and take the advice of a photocopied veterinary guide from the year 1922 offering the solution of pineapple for the enzyme bromelain, which helps rabbits (and humans) deal with general coughing...
Organic unsweetened pineapple and organic unsweetened papaya helped Goblin's cough go away immediately, and was a lot cheaper (and delicious, even for me) than a trip to the veterinarian.
This is not to discount the amazing and brave work of mainstream veterinarians, just like my health journey is not meant to discount the amazing and mostly well-meaning work of doctors.
I think that if you ever are in need of surgery of any kind, it is usually best to go to a mainstream doctor instead of a chiropractor or holistic healer, and I still do believe that antibiotics and vaxxines have a time and place - they just shouldn't be the first step before immunity, proper nutrition and supplementation, detoxification and stress are addressed. (for humans and animals and plants, alike!)
*cue image of a pothos plant in a wheelchair for no reason
Perhaps I may have mentioned this strange "fun fact" (since I think I am beginning to repeat myself on this blog about the things I find very interesting, so please excuse me) but rabbits are supposed to re-eat their own feces so they can process undigested food the second time around and that they have a special type of feces, known as 'night feces' that is especially rich in probiotics. Is this disgusting? Perhaps! But so interesting!
If you have a normal rabbit cage with metal on the bottom (which most people do), these feces fall to the bottom and the rabbit cannot eat them and therefore suffers with gut imbalances. Nobody ever teaches you this when you get rabbits; just like nobody teaches you that eating processed foods are bad for you.
I was holding Goblin in my arms outside like I do every morning so he can feel the sun gently dancing on his face, and I thought of all of the animal creatures in my life who have become my best friends and how much I loved all of them and how thankful I was to be the one who got to be their caretaker instead of an insensitive child, who kept them in a closet or some other unloving thing....
I think now however of all the processed foods I gave my guinea pigs and I just felt a bit sad thinking that if I knew better how to take care of them, perhaps they would have lived a lot longer - but I try to remember that we only do as well as we know at the time, in our treatment of ourselves, and others......
I had an amazing guinea pig named Chuttle who I got at a petshop in Oberlin College and he would lick my face and made the cutest purring sounds and jump in the bed with me. Once when he got sick, I took him to the vetrinarian and I had to work that day and while I was gone, he died. I was so sad because he had suffered from an abscess (an infected large bump, which is pretty disgusting but actually the body's incredible way of collecting toxic material into one place, similar to a tumor) -- I am in no way an expert on small mammalian health but I will say that I know a lot more than I did did at the time that there are more natural ways to deal with this health condition (and many others) before it is too late. I wish I knew then what I know now but I have to accept my own limitations and trust that all those incredible animals lived exactly at the correct time and length they were supposed to, even if I miss all of my pets incredibly.
Do you have such a special connection with your pets?
You can see some of my horrible amazing videos of my pets on my Youtube in case you haven't gone down that literal rabbithole yet....
and Bonus D and the often forgotten E (who starred in Exhibit B in a roll-on role)
***
Now onto another topic. My current favorite topic. Being a High Sensation Seeking HSP (HSS HSP)
I literally cannot stop reading about this trait since my dream told me to study it and luckily, I have found many people experiencing it (even though it is only 30% of 20% of the population - whatever that math is....)
It is honestly such a relief to see how much I identify with it and how it has influenced the way I handle my creative projects.....
Up until now, I always experience a big burst of energy and then burn out (repeat every 3 years on totally different pursuits)
My goal now is to try to figure out how to manage this so I can keep my focus/momentum and take on high-sensation/'insensitive' pursuits like public speaking/standup comedy/travelling to Bali/Berlin/Ibiza and all the places I want to go/standing up for myself/etc.... while also maintaining balance, calm, and disciplined focus without getting burnt out to the point that I give up to retreat to my room for a few years...
I will let you know as soon as I figure this out but I am grateful that there are a lot of people discussing this rare trait....
There are so many people experiencing exactly the same symptoms that I have that to be honest, it is almost humbling/embarassing to realize how un-unique I have become once I learned about the existence of a High Sensation Seeking HSP (I know I am still "unique" but you know what I mean...)
We are all sensitive to noises,crowds, identify as INFJ on the Myerr's Briggs personality type, care about Earth and justice, and love trying new things but go easily into hermit-mode...
THIS IS ME EXACTLY!
I think I may have mentioned this before but if I had to choose, I now actually prefer to be less-unique and be understood/have a roadmap and pre-found solutions *versus* being completely unique and having no answers/forging the path to healing completely on my own.
For example, if you go to
This website had a wonderful group "1 Million Empaths" founded by a fellow HSS HSP...
I KNOW I would probably like this group, which asks on the first page of their website...
- Do you wish everyone on Earth had access to water, food and shelter?
- Do you know there has to be a cleaner, sustainable energy source?
- Are you concerned about how technology will shape our future?
- Are you ready for a more equitable financial and social system?
- Do you believe we must do better at nurturing all our children?
- Do you have a strong desire to achieve world-wide peace?
UH, YES!!!!
But alas, I am not ready to join 1 Million Empaths group right now! It sounds overwhelming, ha ha....
The other sources for information on this topic come from
Elaine Aaron (who coined the term Highly Sensitive Person and High Sensation Seeking Highly Sensitive Person)
EmpathRefuge.com
Tracy Cooper (who wrote a book all about it, called Thrill, which I am excited to read as I believe he acknowledges ways to deal with this in detail...)
One of the questions that a lot of HSP HSS websites ask is to define what are my triggers (which make you overwhelmed/panicked?)
For me it is the following:
Loud noises, crowds, intense smells, looking at my phone or computer while someone talks to me (my brain feels mentally nauseous when this happens), processed food, itchy fabric, flourescent lights, open busy offices where I don't have my own space + window,
and on an emotional level, I become overwhelmed seeing lonely-seeming animals in cages, seeing lonely-seeming elderly and homeless people, seeing lobsters and other animals in meat markets with their hands tied up with rubberbands, food waste especially when meat is thrown away, yelling, when people leave water running in their sink or waterhose without concern for water waste, when people leave lights on when they leave the house, when people take utensils and paper bags and then throw them away without even using them, seeing mothers yelling at their kids or give them junk food, seeing men in business suits with expensive watches and briefcases who look like they have no emotions - these are a few of the things which make me very sad and overwhelmed.
Do you relate to this?
Anyway, I am determined to learning skills to handle this so I can help myself get out of the sensitivity cage (and hopefully free some lobsters along with me)
This year is my Numerology Year 4 (something I just learned about today) and this feels exactly true for me...
Things you believed were important may be the very same things that are now restricting you. Blaming others is just another form of restriction because it implies that you are a victim when, in reality, you are causing your own restrictions by refusing to prioritize. That is what good organization is all about: being able to deal with various issues in the right way, at the right time, with the right people, in the correct order of importance, and in the direction you want it all to go.
The circumstances of the 4 Year can make you feel stuck, yet their true purpose is to point out where you are stuck on the road of life, and help you to break free from situations and beliefs that are keeping you physically, emotionally, creatively, or intellectually restricted. These issues are preventing you from evolving into the person you know you can be. This year, you will be facing the reality of YOU – and especially your fear of change.
Take an honest look at those aspects which you believe are holding you
back. Many of them are of your own making. Are you too set in your ways
or too frivolous and uncaring? Are you too stubborn to learn from your
past and present mistakes? Are you unrealistic about your talents and
potential? Are you unhealthy due to poor diet, substance abuse, or lack
of exercise or sleep? Are you unrealistic about finance and materiality?
Do you distract yourself from reality? Do you base your actions on your
own feelings and beliefs, or those of other people? Are you freeing
your Will, or giving it away? Be honest with yourself. Identify what is
not working, and through the process of elimination, you will soon see
the direction you must take if you are to build the identity and new circumstances you desire.
AGAIN, I GUESS I AM NOT SO UNIQUE AFTER ALL BUT THIS IS OKAY BECAUSE WE ARE ALL ONE ANYWAY!!
Off to do some work and listen to this new book, available on Audible.
Have a nice day!

