5.31.2021

 My doctor wrote a dissertation on the role of Epstein Barr Virus in autoimmune diseases and I am reading it now and it is really fascinating! My mind wandered to the totally conventionally accepted concept of 'autoimmune disease' which is the belief that the body begins accidentally attacking itself in pursuit of health.

Epstein Barr virus is dormant or active in 90% of humans and this is quite fascinating as we never learn about it, just like we never learn about the role of parasites or mold. Even when you get an STD test, they don't even test you for herpes unless you are having an active outbreak - and Epstein Barr is in the Herpes family - and all of herpes seems to be a precursor to many other health issues. 

WHY DON'T THEY TEST FOR THESE THINGS? HMM ($$$/power/etc)

I am thinking about whether there is a mental equivalent of an autoimmune disease; where the mind attacks itself in pursuit of health or a feeling of safety. Could those of us who experience self doubt and irrational fears be suffering from a mental equivalent of autoimmune disease?

I believe that when one experiences trauma/negative programming, it is like a virus similar to Epstein Barr (who didn't kill himself by the way, haha). I wonder if the virus of negativity causes the mind to harm itself and freeze itself into a loop of a limited range of mental motion, thinking it is acting on its betterment, even though in reality, it is keeping one in a stunted stuck place to be constantly critical of oneself and not soaring to new heights.

(herpes sore / mental soar)

That's all for now. Just coming up with some FUN THEORIES inspired by my doctor who I love so much and wouldn't have woken up from if it wasn't for him.