Some people romanticize the day when they can hire a maid and hire a gardener and hire a chef and hire a driver and hire a nanny for their children - but I believe that this comes from the nonstop branding of physical labor as 'lowly' when in reality, it is the most tangible and satisfying type of labor, on par with coming up with an invention and usually way more satisfying than sitting in an office chair in front of a computer all day.
As I am finally finishing my website, it dawned on me that I do not want to be "hired" for any one particular thing - I want to do different things every month; I can do product design and script supervision and web design and holistic health coaching and working on my own products. I do not like doing the same thing everyday and I think that this is actually way more natural than someone who has a very set identity as a "doctor" or "lawyer" or "actor" - Just like monogamy does not work for everyone, identifying with one solitary career does not work with everyone either and should not be pushed as the only way.
I believe the mindset of the Ford automobile factory line (where one person does one repetitive task over and over to speed up production) has extended to all walks of life; and now we are finally re-learning the truth that we don't need our identity to be a very narrow mono-role of a "career" to be worthwhile or understandable.
I think that when people ignore all their physical responsibilities as below them (cleaning/gatdening) and outsource them to others, it leads to a feeling of dissatisfaction over time, because I believe we are meant to connect with our bodies/our environments and the land around us.
That's all for now.
THIS BLOG IS NOT FUNNY.
I just talked to my mom for 2 hours about my lifelong feeling of not feeling protected by her or my family - and how I have spent the last 4 years resurrecting myself and finally feeling anger at her for the first time without suppressing it so I would be perceived as "loveable" and "not a burden" - and she was surprisingly understanding and apologetic and I am so thankful.
I also watched a video last night about how the full moon is not what it appears and now I am in a rabbit hole on that subject!!!!!!!!
SPEAKING OF RABBIT HOLES, I MISS GOBLIN SO MUCH. IT IS SO WEIRD HE IS DEAD. HE FEELS LIKE A PHANTOM LIMB!!!!!