There is an implicit understanding that anytime you look at media or social media, you are expecting something "new" but have you truly processed any of the stuff you have already seen? Have you internalized all of the wisdom of self-help memes or conspiracy videos or online tutorials?
Do you really need to learn anything new or see anything new?
This is the very basis of Dopamine; seeking new stimuli to satisfy our need for this neurotransmitter.
Pre-technology, we would have had to get Dopamine the "hard way", by having new experiences/going on adventures/trying new things... but now we can placate our brains by digitally trying "new things" via refreshing our phones/news feeds.
The problem is that we are not even internalizing the things we have accumulated or applying the lessons we have learned.
We are not reflecting on our past experiences yet living in the future to some fantasy of "success" or a vacation once "things get back to normal" (LOL)
ONE THING that I have really loved recently is learning about TheGreaterReset and to me, this feels like the only worthwhile thing to learn about besides taking the course I am half way finished with, which I love so much.
Have you ever looked at all the photos/screenshots on your phone? Or are you constantly seeking new stimuli?
For a moment, let's stop taking in anything new, even information and appreciate all the things we have seen so far.
This is a parallel mindset to avoiding fast fashion, fast food, serial dating, etc.
Information addiction is kind of the same thing.
This is the kind of addiction that is satiated by 24 hour television/streaming services like Netflix/etc....
But do you ever reflect on what you have seen/bought/read and what impact it has had on you?
What videos have shaped your worldview?
For me, I know I am guilty of scrolling Telegram over and over to my trusted sources, trying to see 'what new developments are happening' as it relates to current events - but even that is unproductive because I could be using that time to reflect on what I have already learned and applying that.
That's all for now.